In 2020 we face the cladding challenge fully prepared with a 34 point action plan
Posted Monday, March 2, 2020
Cladding fire safety is a challenge that we foresee being a multi-year project. We have tackled the issue head-on and taken the following steps:
- Acquired professional advice from legal, fire engineering and façade consultancy firms
- Developed a 34-point action plan to deal with each building from initial consultation through to survey, remediation and resident communication
- Partnered with two façade engineering firms to get block reductions on survey costs and remediation project costs
- Offering the services of a leading legal firm in the field to our clients to establish paths to recovery
- Bolstered the knowledge of our in-house H&S and legal teams as well as hired a project manager
- Consulted with multiple agencies and bodies (ARMA, IRPM, Fire and Rescue Services, MHCLG, Cladding Action Group)
This action plan is proving to be successful with the most recent example being a saving of £25k per week on waking watch costs due to our fire safety strategy.
We are also extremely proud to be a part of a new coalition to challenge the government to increase funding. You can read the open letter sent to the chancellor here... Cladding coalition letter.
Back to news headlines