10 reasons to choose Remus
- 24 hours emergency help. We provide out-of-hours numbers for emergency and repair issues.
- Communication. In 90% of cases, we respond to telephone enquiries on the day they are received, and for letters and emails within five working days of receipt, unless they relate to a matter which requires immediate attention.
- Value for money and fairness of charges. No percentage fees apply, instead, we apply a simple annual management fee that covers most regular management matters. We charge time-based fees for works outside the norm. All of our fees and charges are published and transparent.
- Client Accounts and Reserve Funds. We maintain a separate client account for your building or development.
- Insurance. We are regulated to conduct insurance business. Our brokers go out to multiple underwriters to ensure the best rate for your building or development. In addition to this, there is no obligation to use our insurers.
- Impartiality. Unlike many Managing Agents, we take no commissions from our contractors. We encourage residents to recommend contractors where possible.
- Industry Standards. We are regulated by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Residential Code, and are a member of the Association Of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM) we encourage all relevant staff to undertake Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) training.
- Legislation Changes. We invest a lot of time keeping up to date with all legislation affecting our clients.
- Ellis Sloane & Co. Our sister company is a member of RICS. They oversee and manage major works where required under s20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.
- Our customer charter. This is our commitment to providing you with: safety first, openness, plain-speaking responsiveness, value for money and working in partnership with you. Full details can be found online: remus.uk.com/who-we-help/client-and-customer-charter/Full details HERE.
And finally, here are the 3 main things to consider when choosing a managing agent.